Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Fitness weekly wrap up

I'm a little late wrapping up my fitness routine from last week, but better late than never!  Last Sunday was day 7 of the Honor Your Zen yoga challenge, Wheel Pose.
 In cheerleading, we called that a "back bend!"  Let's just say, I am not very flexible any more and it hurt!  We went to church that morning and I took my daughter to her Performance Team tryouts at dance.  She ended up making the team!

Monday, hubby and I ran 2.5 miles at the lake!  It was my first run in a long time.  As of right now, I've only logged 12.5 miles for the month of April.  I was really happy to be back out there running and thankful I had my husband for support.  
Our floors at the lake house were being put in that morning so I went on home after we ran.  Today's yoga pose was Side Crow, but I could barely manage regular Crow pose.

 I had my sweet lab, Chuck join in on the fun again!  He needs his own page/blog lol.


Tuesdays I usually have my home group Bible Study, but only one person could make it so we changed it to Thursday.  I decided to go to a workout class I used to go to last year.  It was just our instructor, me, my mother, and best friend Bethany.  It was a lot more fun working out with them than by myself.  We did a lot of upper body work, running, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, and burpees.  
I had a great time and got in a great workout!  Day 9 of the yoga challenge was Triangle Pose.  I was glad to be back on my feet for this one!


Wednesday, I ran a 3 mile heart rate one where I would stop and walk if my heart rate went above 150.  It was pretty hard keeping my HR down since I was running a hilly route at the lake.  I had to walk a lot and I think my second mile was 13:23.  I finished with a 12:48 average pace which isn't too bad considering I have not run much over the last month or so.
 You wouldn't think your heart rate would get up that high running so slowly, but it does.  I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse in 2004.  I've had problems with palpitations, chest pain, and fatigue all during my 20's and 30's.  I had been feeling pretty terrible after my long runs in February and March so I think this is the best and safest way for me to train.  After my run, I finished the last day of the Honor Your Zen yoga challenge with Fish Pose.  I thought it was a little weird at first, but the stretch actually felt really good!


Thursday morning, I woke up, wrote in my prayer journal, and read my Bible like I do each morning.  I checked my email and saw that I actually got into the Chicago Marathon!  
I had applied for non-guaranteed entry several weeks ago and figured I wouldn't get in lol.  I have applied for the New York Marathon two years in a row and didn't get in.  I got into Chicago on the first try!  I wore my royal blue for the first day of the Runner's Love Yoga IT Band yoga challenge.  It was IT Band stretch.  Chuck joined me for this one too!


Friday was leg day at the gym.  This was the first day I was able to go all week so I hit legs pretty hard.  3x10 squats on the Smith Machine with 70 pound weights, 3x10 leg press 150 pounds, 3x10 leg extensions, 3x10 hamstring curls, 3x10 dead lifts, calf raises, and side leg lifts (inner thigh and outer).  
My son had a tball game that night so I did Day 2 of the Runner's Love Yoga IT Band Challenge, Standing Pigeon Pose.  I love this stretch!


We were at my oldest daughter's soccer tournament in Jackson, MS all weekend so I'm behind on my yoga challenge.  We had a great weekend and my daughter's team won first place in their division!  That wraps of my fitness from last week!  I am really looking forward to training for the Chicago Marathon and getting my body in the shape it needs to be to prepare for the training.  Who else got in??  Have a great week y'all!

7 comments:

  1. I really love it when pets photobomb photos haha. Cute lab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...Chicago marathon acceptances went out...congrats! My hubby is running and not so sure he got in...good luck with the run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Chicago! That's a race definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to meet you in the blogosphere, Katie! I love that you prioritize your prayer and Bible time with God and you sure rock being a mom of 3.

    A HUGE congrats on getting into the Chicago Marathon! I have never ran it but it's on my bucket list :) I look forward to following your training journey!

    ReplyDelete