Saturday, November 15, 2014

Why a housewife?

How did I become a housewife? 
My husband and I met at his parents' restaurant in May of 1998. I was wrapping up my first year of college at Jones County Junior College and my parents were going through a divorce. I really needed a job so I could buy a new car. I was a waitress at the restaurant (it's called Rocky Creek Catfish Cottage) off and on since 1998. When my Dad left, we didn't have any money and this job helped me pay for a new car. I learned how to be a responsible adult at age 18. 

My husband's name is Christopher and the restaurant was open only on Thursday, Fridays, and Saturdays. This job was perfect for a college student like me! When I met him, I thought he was older, but he was only finishing his sophomore year of high school 😳. He was in a relationship and so was I! Fast forward 4 and a half years later, on December 8, 2002 we went on our first date as a couple. We were soon married on May 17, 2003 and we had our first baby girl on September 25, 2003!  I continued to work at the restaurant until 2006. My Grandaddy had passed away and I should not have gone to work the day I quit in January. It was one of this really bad days. The customers were cranky and so were my inlaws. Harsh words were spoken and I left. I got a job at the bank in town a few weeks later, but that was harder than waitressing and very little money. 

I found out I was pregnant with my second child in June 2006 and decided to stay at home with Aubrynn, my oldest, during the pregnancy. I had my second daughter, Addy January 24, 2007. I was able to stay at home with my girls, but we did struggle financially during that time. We lived in my grandmother's old house for 6 years. It had no heat or air conditioning. Bringing my newborn baby home in the cold month of January to a really cold house was hard. We had space heaters in the house and it was still so cold! Even though we struggled during Addy's baby and toddler years, we managed to stay happy and make ends meet! I even went back to school for Cardiac Ultrasound in January 2009 right before Addy turned 2. Aubrynn was 5 and in preschool. The program only lasted a year and we bought a new house and moved during my school year in October 2009 to the house we are currently living in now! I graduated in December 2009 and I cross trained in Vascular Ultrasound in January 2010. I passed the first half of my registry, but failed the second half in May 2010 and did not retake it. I was almost 31 years old and we decided to try for our third baby. We both wanted a baby boy and baby Cayne arrived March 4, 2011! 

After having my son, I really fell into being a stay at home mother and it was wonderful being at home with all of my children. We did not have the struggles we had in 2007 because my husband and father-in-law are now the owners of the restaurant. My inlaws divorced in 2009 and my mother-in-law sold her part of the business. I work up there as a cashier as needed and I like it much better than waitressing! I don't think I could ever waitress again. It's a tough job. I love being at home and since we have 3 children and Cayne is now in preschool, we are extra busy with practices, fundraisers, and all of their activities. I don't know how I could work a Monday through Friday job and keep up with their school work and practices. Aubrynn plays soccer and piano and Addy dances on Tuesdays. 

I'm thinking about studying for my registry again even though 5 years have gone by. THINKING about it. Lol! This is how I became a stay at home mom and I wouldn't change it for a career. Maybe a career will come later, but for now, I love being at home with my children! 💗💗💙


No comments:

Post a Comment