Monday, November 17, 2014

Running and Jesus

I started a running page on Facebook with a friend of mine in July 2013. We wanted to chronicle our journey training for our first half marathon. We trained together from May until October and our first half marathon was November 30, 2013. 

Since then, my friend decided to take herself off the page and I've had it on my own for awhile and it has grown leaps and bounds thanks to the amazing running community. I follow several running pages and I am inspired by so many of them! I want my page, my Instagram, and now my blog, to be different and glorify God. I post Scripture as well as the mileage I run and I hope to at least lead someone to The Lord. My page is open to anyone who might need encouragement or prayer. Running has helped me reach so many people that I may not have reached if I had not started the Facebook page. As a Christian, I feel like in this season of life, there is a lot of work to be done outside of church walls. I would really like to get involved in my community to help feed needy families. I want to donate my running shoes to kids who don't have good shoes to wear to school. I am also thinking of starting a Bible study here at my home. I'm really praying for God's will in my life and want to lead as many people as I can to Jesus. Running is part of my ministry, but I think there is more work for me to do while I'm here on earth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment